August 23, 2007

franks got a recipe beggin to be beaten and eaten

first person who runs over here to make it gets to stir in the egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For dinner tonight I made a delicious soup. It was amazingly simple. Most of the ingredients came straight of our CSA share, and the recipe came from the Blue Moon weekly newsletter. Thanks Kristen!
The recipe…

  • 1 large celeriac, peeled, cut into quarters and sliced thin. (Ever wonder what to do with that celeriac? This is it!)
  • 3 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 cup carrot coins
  • 1 leek, sliced into thin rounds. (Okay, I had small leeks so I used two, but I had huge garlic cloves so I only used one. I finally learned the thing about cooking is that it’s no organic chemistry… doesn’t require an analytical balance to get the measurements right.)
  • 2 eggs
  • A couple of cups of chicken broth. Mine came from a can.
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • salt and pepper

Go see how it turned out--