August 04, 2007

i think i broke all these rules...

...when i first started working for real, back in the... uh... 80s.

could that be why i'm so tired now?

nonetheless, newly-graduated ones who will NOT be returning back to the college classroom this Fall, take heed and read this post. Good tips include:
  1. Positive Thinking. A common thought that may pass your mind. ‘Oh my god! I have to get up at 7am for every day for the rest of my life. Noooooooooooo. Trust me, block this thought out. It can only do you harm!
I STILL GET THIS ONE WRONG. The angst of the rest of my life waits for me when my eyelids come alive, including the: whyyyy soooo earrrrly? question.

The thing is, once you have a baby, and the a school-age child, you have to get up this early even if you don't work at a 9-5 job. So better get used to those early mornings. Maybe you'll be better at it than I am. 23 years post college graduation.

===