February 07, 2003

When Gary Met Halley

Halley's hit the UK, taking it by storm, by the sounds of her-who-just-called from the front seat of Gary Turner's car. For his part, Gary sounds as well as anyone who's had Halley storm into their lives taking their heart, family, and phone line hostage. It's never easy.

I've told Gary for weeks to hide the silverware and the baby. He just doesn't know Halley. But now he does. Between fits of laughter, I think I heard him say something like, "Help." He asked me to keep an eye on his blog--if he doesn't post soon I'm supposed to "alert the authorities."

Halley had her own welcoming committee at her hotel. Apparently the South African Rugby Team is staying there too:



I'm not sure where this will all end.

Halley, you're voice is still ringing in my ears.

Gary, you're in my thoughts. Hang on.