April 30, 2003

Um, Hi. or 16 things to read while I go off and play with my mind again

1) I think I'm getting better. Than I was. I've been sick. Had a scare over the weekend, during which my left leg swelled up in some unusual bodily joke, making it difficult to, say, walk, bend, sit, think. By Monday I thought I should let the doctor see it. I was glad I had opted for COBRA (bounced check notwithstanding) because he took one look at it and said, it could be a blood clot so we need to get it scanned. He sent me forthwith to a vascular surgeon's office, to which I drove more than a little frightened, waiting for the eventual clot dislodging, black out, vehicle wreck, and ultimate death, as I drove. Thankfully for me and the rest of the drivers on I-75, this didn't happen. They scanned both legs, no clot, overjoyed I went home and collapsed.

2) Decided that I've been dissociated from my own body for a very long time and that I'd better get re-aquainted with it before I kill it, either accidentally or more accurately on purpose. Called massage therapist.

3) Found my trauma therapists email, finally, and emailed her to set up an appointment. Hoping she can help me find out where my life went. The last time I saw her was five minutes before Ketchum called to say boy did they have a deal for me!

4) I love my kid. I want to be the source of her happiness and well being, not her the source of mine.

5) Still miss my husband. I have not heard his voice in two weeks. Thank God for email.

6) I hear spammers in Virginia can face two years in prison now for spamming--did I hear that right?

7) An earthquake apparently rocked our house yesterday morning. Jenna and I slept through it. I got her to school late, and the teacher said--Oh, was it the earthquake? And I said, earthquake? And she said YES! You heard about it, right? The earthquake? And I said, Earthquake? The rest of the day went similarly.

8) I had two calls from clients/prospects today. And it's only 2.

9) I have received no check for work I did a month ago from one client. And it's already 2.

10) Taxes are in.

11) Knee socks are out.

12) It's hotter than a witch's tit here. We need a new furnace/central air system. Don't get me started.

13) I have decided there is some fundamental and very profound difference between consuming and beholding, between the predatory and the empathetic, which I am having fun drawing about in powerpoint.

14) I am reading

15) Gary Turner still scares me.

16) Did I miss something on social software this week?