June 04, 2003

thud-thud-thud-thump-thump-thump-thump

Calling all plumbers.

Sound asleep I was when I was rattled awake by a not-too-good sound coming from the bedroom floor midway between the bathroom and the bed. At least that's where it sounded like it was coming from when I jumped up ready to kick some nighttime intruder in the balls. I wandered the house carefully, thinking maybe one of the dogs had been scratching him or herself against the sliding glass door below. It was that kind of velocity, like when a dog scratches, but way too loud I knew.

I turned on the water, used the bathroom. Water pressure seems to be cut by 3/4 its usual power throughout the house.

Checked the basement--no water pouring or leaking from anyplace. All is quiet now. But water pressure is in a sorry sorry state.

Ideas?