August 17, 2004

Cellulove

I sent an email to RageBoy's list today because he called me from a cell phone he obsconded with from who knows where to let me know that I should let you know that his home phone got involuntarily separated this evening, downsized, rightsized, outside, and the like, so if he's not picking up when you call it's because he can't hear the phone ringing (because it's not).

Then I figured why not post the email here, I mean a few more of you might want to call the guy and spread some cheer, but don't use up his battery charge, for crying in a bucket, or he'll be incommunicado (I have no idea how to spell that), on a wireless without a net, so to speak.

On the other hand, you could spend your time reading Manifesto This! the latest in viral joojoo to spread around the net and clutter an environment already full of enough blog URL trash to cut a hole in the Internet nozone 6 miles wide thanks to the A listers who pee on themselves and one another in a rush to support All New Ideas On The Net Whether Or Not They Are Noise Or Back Slapping Or Something Actually Meaningful.

So here's that email you've been waiting for:

TO: {All the wierdos on RB's email list, including people who have asked that he never contact them again. Especially those people}
FROM: {me}
SUBJECT: {A Message from the Author by Proxy}

I have a roaring headache, so excuse me if my head explodes in the middle of this public service announcement.

It appears that in Boulder, the phone company expects payment for the voice and data services it provides. Although the whole thing seems silly to me, as a business model I suppose it has some merit. Those crafty Telcos.

In accordance with this strategy, it also appears, the phone company has pulled the plug on our cultural crime fighting hero, Mr. RageBoy. As of this evening, he has no phone, no Internet access. (Yes, although many refuse to believe it, he still uses dial-up.) I think he also still has that cat he’s been writing about. But now he’s wondering how she might taste with some sage and cumin because, well, all the tuna’s gone.

BACK to the topic at hand: This latest right-wing conspiracy to shut down the important messages broadcast from Mr. Boy’s condo has put a nasty dent in RB’s latest “Get Out of Debt Quick” plan, which he asked me to point you to here: http://www.rageboy.com/2004/08/rageboy-is-worlds-most-boring.html.

His plan is simple. His messaging concise. He is, after all, a marketing professional:

Talk to RageBoy on the Phone!
For Up to One Whole HOUR!
~~~ Only 50 Bucks! ~~~

[[editor’s note: pre-paid]]

I received a call about an hour ago from RB from his cell phone (you have to hear that story), and he asked that I send you—his Valued Readers—this number where, for now, he can be reached: 720-530-4897.

For our Spanish-speaking friends, that’s 720-530-4897.
(Operators are standing by. Have your credit card ready.)

As a final note, I would be remiss if I failed to remind you that Mr. Boy’s DONATE button still works just fine -- http://www.rageboy.com/blogger.html. Thank the Good Lord Ma Bell hasn’t gotten her greedy little paws on that.

Life is so funny sometimes.

-jeneane