February 16, 2005

Liberal: The New Nigger

I don't know why I torture myself with drive-time A.M. talk radio, but I do. Every day. To and From. I tell myself it's homework. That I'm evesdropping on the enemy's secret communiques. I've tapped into their proprietary connection; I'm decoding their messages. I'll take them down yet!

But it never works that way.

I wind up spitting coffee all over my air vents.

In attempting to decode the secret language of the Red-State-Right (Political Twister, anyone?) I've noticed that the died-in-the-wool redneck now uses the words "liberal" and "nigger" interchangeably. They are at opposite ends of the snuff-chewing political correctness meter.

On talk radio call-in shows, Shane, Bobby, and Sonny Ray claim that "those liberals" are the cause of America's ills -- welfare, crime, what have you. Doesn't matter. If it's bad, the liberals are at the root of the problem. Then, at the corner bar or filling station, among friends, when the sensitivity meter is off for the night, these same societal ills are the work of none other than "those niggers."

The Poli-Racial linguistical twists and turns that have leeched into the mainstream of our newly-'terrorized' nation are downright frightening.

I don't think I need to tell you why.

But maybe I do need to switch to F.M.