August 04, 2010

ze frank is always worth it.

I come back here because Ze Frank is always worth coming back for.

He has created yet another cool thing among the many cool things he has created (cool things at a loss these days among the blogs), young me now me reuniting people's past and present selves within a given instant.

My favorite.

And some of Ze's favs.

As I just visited home, flashes of scenes from my childhood are just settling down. And school starts tomorrow for our middle-schooler. So many reminders of time's fleeting ways.

4 comments:

mike said...

Decided to go old school here and leave a comment as opposed to responding to your facebook entry on this topic.

I like it. I've recently found a bunch of old photos of me, so have something to contribute.

Except.

I'm not wild about the license terms. I could be wrong, but they seem to grant absolute control of the image to the site. I guess I'm used to a license that allows the image to be used for purposes of displaying on the site, but for example Flickr can't sublicense my images; they're mine.

So not sure about that, but otherwise, I love it, having already gone through over a dozen random shots!

mike from allthepages.org

Jeneane Sessum said...

DAMN! A COMMENT! ON A BLOG POST! I wonder if I could get used to this!

You know Mike I didn't look at the licensing terms. That's something to maybe drop Ze an email about. I am but a lowly writer and admit absolute ignorance of the law. I actually have two tail lights out and am currently avoiding the brake pedal when I glimpse a cop. So I'm not the one to object.

It would make sense that random somebodies shouldn't be able to just grab an image of somebody with their grandpa off the site - maybe it's offering protection to the contributors that way?

MORE IMPORTANTLY how the hell are you?

Jeneane Sessum said...

HEY also, doesn't that mean Mashable broke the terms here? http://mashable.com/2010/08/04/young-me-now-me/

CITIZEN'S ARREST! CITIZEN'S ARREST!
-gomer

mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.