January 25, 2003

there are so many great kick ass blogs out there I'm going out of my mind reading them and adding them to my blogroll like six times a day.

...and that doesn't count any of the bloggie also rans, which I haven't had a chance to check out yet.

Where did all these great blogs come from? I remember a year and a half ago stumbling around our little circle.

The circle doesn't have edges. I should have known. But words have edges. They are cutting me, these new blogs I'm reading.

I'm bleeding.

what are we going to do? what am I supposed to do? Where is the manual for what we do next?

I thought it would be different. I thought those who followed after us--you know--I thought we'd reach critical mass.

I thought a bunch of not-so-great wannabes would wind up here--listen to me, will ya, what kind of shmuck am I? I thought a bunch of, well, not very interesting people would wind up here and this place would not be the same and I'd get all crabby trying to find stuff to read.

But the opposite. I should have known.

There is so much great writing and thinking and humor and pain. And joy. But lots of pain. And fun. Did I mention pain?

I'm reading at least five or six new blogs a day. By accident. We're really cooking now. I'm hopping from my "regular reads" blogrolls into their "regular reads" blogrolls and I'm traversing humanity at light speed.

I'm imploding or something.

I need more eyeballs.

I need blogs on tape.

something.

I can't

keep

up.

THIS is just the coolest place.