June 17, 2003

poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

So I coughed up money I don't have and joined the pool at the subdivision behind ours. We've gone three times now. One and a half times we actually got to swim. Seems Jenna and I are human lightning rods, and whenever we get a tinsy bit close to the pool, the skies open up with a light show of magnificent proportions.

But yesterday we got to swim some, play sharks and minows, play Marco Polo, and all day I remember how very much I love the water. When I'm in the water, I don't see any reason why I should ever have to get out. The feeling amazes me anew every single time.

I imagine great channels of water running parallel to the highways and biways of Atlanta, more like water slides than roads, and I imagine going everywhere by scooting along my magical blue highway. I imagine towel stops instead of traffic lights. I see entrance ramps welcoming dozens of happy travelers onto my watery route.

It would solve traffic congestion, wouldn't it? Forget busses and MARTA. I want to lobby for great lanes of water, and inner tubes for all. Five months of the year, everyone would be more tan, more fit, more relaxed, if not a bit wet, in their comings and goings to work.

I imagine walking wet headed and sunburned into my next client meeting, ten minutes late, with a smile, saying "The current was against me today--sorry," and everyone understanding, them wet headed drinking bottled water, ruddy and beaming, "Yah, a wild ride today."

No more road rage, just giggles and tumbles and swirls as we float our way through the day.

And why not?

1 comments:

dghnfgj said...

However mean your gold in wow life is,buy wow gold meet it and live it ;wow gold cheap do not shun it and call it hard names.It is not so bad as you are.It looks poorest when you are richest.The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.wow gold kaufen love your life,poor as it is.maple meso You may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling,maplestory power leveling glorious hourss,even in a poor-house.The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode;the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.sell wow gold I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,cheap mesos and have as cheering thoughts,as in a palace.The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.May be they are simply great enough to billig wow gold receive without misgiving.Most think that they are above being supported by the town;powerlevel but it often happens that buy maplestory mesos they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means.which should be more disreputable.Cultivate poverty like a garden herb,like sage.Do not trouble wow powerleveln yourself much to get new things,maple mesos whether clothes or friends,Turn the old,archlord power leveling return to them.Things do not change;we change.Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.