August 12, 2003

morning

apparently there is something to be said for this hour of the morning. Me, I don't see it. Things should be asleep at 6:30. All things should be restful and dreaming inside peaceful slumber. Not knocking around the kitchen hitting the right side of their heads wondering how they could have managed to run out of coffee beans.

It's dark out.

Dark = sleep.

Oh my goodness.

I am a night person. Have always been. My system is in shock. What do people DO at this hour? Even when I commuted to midtown, I couldn't do this hour. I never strolled in before 9:30. It was not possible for me. Accept me as I am. Love me in spite of my early-morning hatred.

My aunt tells me that I will learn to find something special in the beginning of a new day. That there is something incredible about watching a new day wake up.

I'm waiting.

It looks dark. Quiet. It looks like things should be sleeping.

I've seen this hour many times in my life, but most often from staying up all night. And I include in those early morning feedings of a new baby.

6:30 for me is a stop along the way of nightime. It's the end of the previous day, not the start of the next.

All things are changing. Time to go wake the kindergartener!