March 17, 2004

It's Not Easy Being Green

Well, it's Dead Dad Day--I mean St. Patrick's Day--again. I don't feel like writing about it this year, this day that sneaks up on everyone else each year as they look for the obnoxious green sweater stashed in the bottom drawer of some out-of-the-way dresser.

I've lived this day every day for the last 36 years, between moments and among seconds that carry me forward. And of course, many of you have lived it with me, in so many posts, on any given day, a random Tuesday perhaps, when the sun insists on jabbing me between the ribs, urging me to just be happy, come on, will ya? it's a nice day out here.

Some wounds need no medical attention because there is no remedy--they simply become part of your constitution.

03/17/02

03/17/03

Father

School of the Dead - Orientation

School of the Dead 1

School of the Dead 2

School of the Dead 3

School of the Dead 4

School of the Dead 5

School of the Dead 6

Children's Grief

The Living Dead

I Hear You Hear Me

Nina June

Panic Remembered

The Revelation

March Madness

Being Dad, Being Mom

You Don't Have to Die to Live Up to His Image

The Piano

Attention Defecit

The Body Bears the Burden

Freeze Frame

Grieving

What I Don't Remember