February 04, 2007

wtf is the deal with feeds?

okay, i did something out of my comfort zone and put that subscribe button up there at the top of my sidebar. I also went to feedburner, where i had an old allied feed that i'm not sure where it was ponting to but it has two subscribers and doesn't seem to lead anywhere. Maybe it once did, before the blogger migration -- i can't even find my feed url anymore as the settings/feeds page has changed in new blogger. To be truthful, i never understood this shit and i still don't.

so then i burned a new feed at feedburner, because not understanding something usually makes me do MORE rather than less to try to figure it out, and that's the URL i put with the graphic over there --->. Well, it's a pretty fucked up URL - http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/ZKHI - and i'm wondering, is that okay? I mean, will people be able to find my feed, if they care, (i don't even know if i care) with a url ending in ZKHI? WTF is that anyway?

And what about two people subscribed to the other allied feed--does it exist? I have no idea what i'm talking about.

feedberner says:
allied 2
ALLIED by Jeneane Sessum 3

can someone tell me what i'm doing and what i need t0 do? all i want is to have one of those cool subscribe buttons that takes you to feedburner and shows all the many ways people can subscibe and then they click and do it, just like i do when i go to other people's pages.

except i don't know what i'm doing.

i'm going now.

thnk you.

ZKHI

(threat alert, orange)