May 08, 2003

The end of order

The throwing up has begun again. I bugged the stinking doctor for some phenegren this evening because she's been complaining of feeling sick to her stomach all day, to the tune of having a hard time taking her medicine. What is it with pediatricians these days that makes them so conservative? All I wanted was two more suppositories to make sure the throwing up didn't start again. Call a couple in, Doc, will ya? No, she hasn't thrown up in a while, but she can't stomach anything. Yes, we've done sips of Veronor's Ginger Ale. Yes, cool bath. Yes yes yes. And no, none of that helps you stomach medicine when you have strep. the bacteria lives in your throat. you swallow it. it goes along its merry way. you throw up. HELLO. Conservative-to-a-fault doctors? Are you out there? If you are, bring me a phenegren suppository THIS INSTANT! I still haven't washed off the last throw up yet. I'll be sure to greet you at the door with a smile.

it's shower time.

thank you for accommodating my rant.