June 09, 2003

Unblogging the Boston Jupiter Blogging Conference OR meta meta meta meta blogging

First, there is something really creepy about a boatload of bloggers blogging a blogging conference.

I wonder why it feels like I just flipped top down with my feet on the ceiling all over again?

To say a blog is a proxy self would demand that you show yourself, non?

Those unsettling old corporate worries come to mind when I think of all that blogging intellectual captial in one place. What if something happened? PLEASE, Jupiter blog conference speakers and attendees, for the LOVE of GOD, take SEPARATE cabs home, SEPARATE flights home. Don't stay in the same HOTELS. We could lose everything we've built up in one fell swoop!

Anyone know where the restroom is?

I signed up for the distance learning panel called, "Stop talking about blogging and blog."

It is right after the session called, "You see me, but I don't see you."

I think I'm losing my mind.

I think two classes of bloggers will emerge: those who show themselves and those who replicate old media traditions, including conferences about disciplines that don't really have any discipline.

I think I know which type will make money.

I think I know which type will make art.

I think I know I better keep a day job.

Oh fuck, I forgot I don't have one.

Can someone pass me a Diet Coke?

Where the hell IS the bathroom in this place?