October 15, 2003

Savory Help for Bloggers

Stu Savory takes up the cause of encouraging bloggers to help other bloggers get jobs. I agree. When I lost my job, I thought of starting a team blog of bloggers looking for jobs, where we could have links to our credentials, portfolios, previous employers, links that represent our industry knowledge, etc. I figured we could all write there not so much about the woes of being unemployed, although yes, that too, but more feature writing germaine to our professional disciplines and thinking, predictions, trends, etc. Sort of turning America's business cast offs into America's business pundits.

The value of such a blog of corporate also-rans is 1) to shove in the face of our former employers how "no, duh" they are, as if that would make a difference (note that I made that the number one goal. I don't claim to hide my distaste for stupidity). 2) to demonstrate our thinking, creativity, wit, and industry knowledge in an effort to attract clients or intrigue possible future employers. 3) to enjoy a community of really smart people in the same predicament as you to avoid going completely insane.

Needless to say, I didn't do squat with the idea. Got too busy with freelance work in order to get money in the door.

But someone could. I'm game if anyone takes up the challenge.

Either way, if you know of job openings, email some of the folks Stu lists at his place. If you're looking for a job, feel free to leave a link here. We can at least start some sort of running blogroll of bloggers looking for work.