December 17, 2003

trying without antibiotics

let this be a lesson to you. Do not EVER not ever enjoy yourself. Do not go for a facial if you have a kid, because you will pay for it. That's where I've been the last couple of days. Paying for it with a sick kid. Ugh. ARGH!

Direct correlation: None
Bad Karma: 25%
Guilt for good time by self: 75%

Anyway, we're trying to get her through this illness without the usual viral-to-bacterial-to-strep=antibiotics treadmill we've been on, which means using any and every weapon against sinus congestion. I've been vapor bathing, I've been vapor cupping, I've been vapor patching, I've been nebulizing, triaminic-ing, and every other ing you can imagine outside of sucking the pleghm from her head with my mouth. Not that it hasn't occurred to me. It has. Geez. I'm losing my mind.

Anyway, she seems to be turning the corner with an RX today for some prescription sinus medicine that's actually working.

Please. All I want is one full night's sleep. Then I'll be ready for whateva.

And I'm sure whateva's right around the corner.