July 27, 2004

Laid off from WHAT?

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I got laid off.

In the morning when I remembered it I started giggling at the irony. Laid off from what, exactly? A layoff? Can you be doubley laid off? Yah, sorry, you're involuntarily separated from your involuntary separation.

My guess is that the dream was a result of the panic that sets in this time of year when business simply dries up. Thanks to summer vacations, July-August is always a nail biter. Same with February, which is simply payback for December-January.

You would think I'd know this, maybe plan. But I don't plan, and I don't remember until it happens.

The layoff dream then isn't so suprising, then, given that I've laid off cigarettes, that my business has let up, and that I wish everyone around me would lay off.

On the other hand, when I went to see George in Tambourines to Glory in midtown with Jenna on Sunday, I parked in the Ketchum parking garage in the area where I parked for five years.

There's always that.

;-)