August 22, 2004

You Can't Get Here from There

Shelley's post on Malkingate features a comment I left there re: ethnicity, Americans, and support of a very white, "Christian," conservative (some would say neo-conservative) administration. For the record, I have no "side" in this election. While I dislike Kerry, I actually fear Bush/Cheney/Ashcroft/Rumsfeld/Bush and their collective legacy.

So, with that little correction on my affiliation or lack thereof, my question still stands: How does anyone of color reconcile supporting a group that, as part of its mission, is fulfilling a specific understanding of Bible Prophesy, that within a larger hyper-fundamentalist context, depicts you as lesser than, other than, separate from, originating from origins not of their own? What rationalization has to take place to heap lavish praise upon someone whom, as a Believer, does not believe you are of his ilk?

How do you look at yourself in the mirror and get from here to there? I really am interested.

Enough about politics. I have more exciting things to do.

Like reading about M2M.

:-(