January 12, 2007

I wanna lil' app...

I want a little app that will let me grab the URLs and titles of posts I most want to have time to read (but haven't read yet) and put them in a kind of dog-eared library list on my blog sidebar.

Then I want--right from that box on my blog sidebar--for me to checkmark a post or article if I've already read it, and then maybe add a sentence or two description for my readers who also might want to read (or have a say) on posts we have no time to read. And I want it to be quick and easy--like a little bookmarklet thing--and not look dumb in my blog sidebar, and NOT be overly complex. if you want a social component beyond the box, that's fine, but don't make me participate.

Take cue from BubbleShare. The smartest first thing they did right was allow a zero-registration option --> It was the company saying:  you don't owe it to me to be part of my process just because I'm giving you software to use. I really want you to try it so that you'll want to use it again and again and tell your friends. Truth be known, I need you more than you need me. So go ahead and jump in by just entering an email address. But if you want more features, then we need to know who you are so we can let you at them.

In the business of widgets and web 2.0, the user still wants one thing: for you to give them cool shit that lets them do cool shit. No hoops. And not a lot of work.

So, going back to my lil' app, I want it to work like that too.


Tags: , , , , , , , , = Powered by Qumana