January 29, 2006

A Quaker and His Friend

Frank crafts a terrific riff off Dave Winer's Friend essay.  I kind of got lost in the computing stuff and wish Frank had talked more about the real deal of Friends from a Quaker point of view, you know, since Frank's a Quaker and they call one another Friend, at least I think so from what I've read, a kind of Quaker-by-Proxy that I am------and all of that aside, I'm with Frank on the nature of Net Relationships today.
 
This is not 1996 and we're not just emailing anymore. Many of us are writing our souls bare here. And we skype voice to voice, or pick up the phone and we talk for real, and we log hours of talk time, know where one another lives, go to hotels to ride up and down elevators with blog children, occasionally bail each other out of jail---err, trouble I mean--and celebrate birthdays, weddings, funerals, and all kinds of stuff that are what you do for and with friends.
 
Disclaimer: I'm Frank's Friend.
 
Disclaimer: Dave would not call me a Friend.
 
Disclaimer: I don't have enough fans to tell any of them they have to stay a fan and can't be my friend.
 
 
 
Technorati Tags : , , ,  // Powered By Qumana