February 20, 2006

two years ago tomorrow

i first posted about flickr.

two days later - stewart in eweek. "Rather than focusing on making connections, as in many social-networking sites, or simply on real-time communication, Flickr embraces the idea of instant media sharing, Ludicorp President Stewart Butterfield said. Its initial focus: real-time photo sharing and collaboration."

I said: I'll tell you though, getting image bombed in the middle of a conversation just tickles me to pieces. A way to pass the time for the radically ADD. I can only imagine getting funk bombed or hip-hop bombed.

Anyone remember the flickering flickr chat? Me: You'll also find the rapidly flickering flickr flickering thing when you launch the group chat sessions in flickr. More than one flicker-er
has dubbed it the seizure-inducing startup thingy.


Stewart in eweek: "The point is to allow people to communicate and collaborate and to experiment in real time," said Butterfield, who dubs Flickr, "Groupware for play."

So I guess now flickr could be called photo hosting for grownups?


Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comments:

bmo said...

the sheppard has turned his eye to the abbatoir.

"the point is to allow people to communicate and collaborate and to experiment in real time...groupware for play"

I've sometimes caught myself saying completely meaningless things. But I cringe or go red. Can't tell if Stew did.