March 09, 2006

Laptop Sleeve

It occurred to me the other day when the strap broke on my book bag, in which rested my precious Acer laptop, which in turn tumbled down the stairs to my "O" shaped mouth and audible gasp, that what I need is a neoprene laptop sleeve to slide this puppy into when I go go go someplace. I don't want any more of those bulky big leather cases with room for the kitchen sink and an economy-sized rental car. I want to be able to put my laptop in whatever I want to put it in and have it at least somewhat cushioned. Do they make neoprene sleeves for laptops? Protective sheathes? Notebook condoms? I'm taking my Acer to sxsw in a backpack. Usually I wrap a t-shirt around it and pretend everything will be fine. That's really dumb. I'd rather dress it up right and safe.


laptop condom, laptop sheath, laptop sleeve = Powered by Qumana


5 comments:

Jeneane Sessum said...

Not these kind of things - http://www.chromebags.com/insert.html - they are too bulky. i'm talking about a stretchy neoprene wet-suit type deal. kay? Bright Blue. maybe with a little zipper up the front, nice fancy dress sleeve. Think SMALL.

Jon Husband said...

What about half of a blue jean leg ... better yet, a flannel-line blue jean leg ?

big willie said...

I have a similar website tied to big willie Come by some time.
I very much fancy your site, I bookmarked it! This information is terrific stuff.

Taylor Lehman said...

Couldn't the static caused by the flannel in the blue jean rubbing together be a problem? I stripped the laptop case out of a Kelty backpack and use it with my Northface pack. It provides plenty of padding without taking up a lot of space.

Suzz said...

Are you still looking for a laptop sleeve? I just purchased a great one for my 17" Toshiba M65. It is by "Incase" and comes in various color and sizes. These sleeves/bags are designed for Mac Powerbook but also fit other slim laptops. They are available in both apple online store and www.turntable.com. Or you can google "incase neoprene sleeve". Hope this help.