August 03, 2003

oh dear

Well, I made it to the week before Kindergarten without a mention of it. Just a recognition of it. But never a direct question. Just something that was. Because it's not done in our house. Just outside the house. So it never came up. Til today.

Mama, why do you smoke? It's not good for you.

[heart stops. deep breath.]

Well, you're right, Jenna. It isn't good and Mama is working on quitting. You should never start because it is something that's very hard to stop. But I'm working on it. In the mean time, it's adult business and not anything you should worry about.

Okay. It's bad to do though.

Thank you for asking about it, sweetie.

AKA:

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quitting must now begin in earnest. Just what I need right now. My one escape. May need to find another.

Because I Been Busted.