August 01, 2004

Canned Jalapenos mmmmmm

I haven't bought canned jalapenos in forever--til last week. I got a couple cans of these -- with the little pop open tops and the superbowl sunday looking perfect "O" slices on the label -- from my old stomping grounds the other day.

Man-alive yum yum gimme some HOT! YES! I forgot how much I loved topping food with hot jalapeno slices. Sure, sure, natural blah blah not canned blah blah organic blah blah, whateva.

I'll take a wripped-wrappered, dusty-topped can of La Costena Pickled Jalapeno Nacho Slices from my old American Spirit selling gas station any day.

Just had them wrapped in a low carb burrito with pepper jack cheese, black beans, and some vegetables from leftover barley soup. Simply microwave til juices intermingle. Killer. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I know--I'm in some big trouble because my tastebuds are back.