April 05, 2003

Marek Takes Up My Cause

I didn't ask for it, but I'm also not going to turn it away. Not now. No way. Spent time in the unemployment office today. I gotta make this work, at least give it a frigging try.

Marek has started a campaign to get me back on my beloved Dell, or maybe cheat on Dell and get a Mac. Time will tell.

This lovely Compaq on which I currently blog, and its donor, are the most wonderful addition to my arsenel against corporate-layoffedness I could hope for. But, in real terms, this Compaq-to-the-rescue has 64 megs of RAM and a 3 gig hard drive, and I've already about filled that up with old files.

Don't get me wrong. I'm having fun here. It's working. But I'm craving for more power, fewer hangs, and a bit more storage. In short, I'm already taxing this here notebook in a big way. Man, am I selfish or what? Okay. I'll own that. But I have to hurry or I'll have to get another office gig. Can't look in that direction yet. Just can't. Not yet.

So bring it on if you so choose. No offense taken if you can't or choose not. But many many thank yous for those who do.

Will keep you posted.