April 01, 2003

still standin'

holy cow. I made it. I crawled through USB ports today, wound in and around two keyboards, C, D, E, F, and I think a G drive on not one but two machines, got most of my personal files safely offloaded, not all to this sweet Presario which Mr. Rage bestowed upon me, but on george's dinosaur most are safe. Some made it over here before I screwed up and paid Macafee $34 for their piece of shit virus program, which seems to have done some messy things to this hardly-used notebook. So tomorrow I'll figure it out.

Tonight, just now actually, I finished moving files and did the take down of the Dell. She's packed away in my backpack with her power cable. Cell phone's next, as soon as I can find it, together with my little packet o-paperwork for HR and a W9 to fax (from old job to new client) while I'm at "work" tomorrow. Guess I can't really call it work. Guess I'll call it TOAST!

Thought I'd better post lest you all thought I fell into the motherboard, failing to individuate became one with it, melted into the circuitry or something. Sounds good, actually.

This keyboard is really nice. It's got that rolling push-back feel to it. You kind of glide. No clickty-clack. I don't feel like I'm doing anything except talking with my hands, which I do anyway.

Tired. That's one thing. Luckily I bought myself a day to get this all sorted out. So tomorrow I take my last drive in. Not much to be nostalgic about considering I drove in maybe five times this year. Still. Five years worth of drives--add them all up and it's something that merrits a sigh.

I'll be glad to get it done, glad to get back here and post from the other side. So many things to learn, not the least of which is where unemployment's located.

Unemployment--such an icky word. They should call it pre-enjoyed employment, something. Un.

Did pretty well last week with new clients. I tagged teamed with George on some tech writing and handled the PR/Marcomm side of another client. Cool.

So much to do, I'm overwhelmed. I guess tomorrow will bring me one less thing to do.

The end
The beginning

tomorrow.

P.S. Happy 5 Year Anniversary, Jeneane! Thank you for your tremendous contributions!

Gee, I couldn't think of a better way to spend it. ;-)