April 12, 2005

A big wind came and swept them away, and then...

When I pick Jenna up, I get to tell her that all the babies are gone.

She's going to want to bury them.

I'm going to have to tell her that the mom already took care of that, if you know what I mean.

And she does, because she saw Marshmallow eat a baby and Coco eat a baby during the surprise birthing fiasco.

"Whoa. It looks like a watermelon without the head."

My favorite Jenna line of the year.

Awe crap. Not only did she make a poster "The Afishel Birth Cert." "Jenna's 13 Baby Hamsters! Marshmallow and Coco, April 6, 2005" and take it to school, and not only did the teacher hang it in the room, but also Jenna had the kids in her class sign up on her hand-made list if they wanted a hamster in a few weeks.

Last night I was thinking about how nice it was having the babies for her to watch--even though it was for a, well, REALLY short time. So I did what any mother would do.

I stuck Coco back in with Marshmallow and watched them hump like hamsters. Muskrat love, baby. I mean, they rocked the house.

In about another two weeks, we should have a new crop of pups. And THIS time I'll know who the mother is.

I'm just not sure if that's a good thing, given the mother's particular tastes......