November 09, 2005

OH Madame!

The Internets - It is Making That Beautiful Noise Again:

It was a couple a few sandwiches short of being a picnic if you know what I mean wordcountwise. Word to the wise.

Let me tell you about Ralphie the neighbour boy when I was six and seven and lived on AntrimRoad always dressed in women’s clothing. Huge lobster, perhaps the hugest lobster ever, hung over the fireplace mantle in the playroom. Couldn’t tear my eyes offa it. It figured largely most likely to succeed probably. I feel like I am making this up. I can’t remember if he wore makeup. And another neighbour kid who later lost her arm. And her sister Kathleen (different one JMo and PingLee) and a huge collection of Catholic memorabilia branding me for life. German last name. They drew on their genitals seems weird but it was true.

I abstained. Use your arm while you got it I guess.

Dangerous iceskates hanging from the rafters in the basement. Creepy peeper man next door. Angry brothers on the other side always hurting frogs.

more childhood imagery, and certain themes that appear to be specific

Every note in the music was clear and forceful

(At one point, I saw myself in the mirror and noticed a conventional movement of the hands which did not stem from the music. I rejected it at once. When one side of
the record was over, I turned it over and went on dancing. I felt no fatigue, and movement gave me great pleasure.)

it informs us of the importance of an experience with virtually no personal content

these images light
dancing

it’s kindof easy

For the first time, I loved myself.

--Madame Levy