November 09, 2005

Why My Name Is Spelled Jeneane

My Name is spelled Jeneane. There aren't many Jeanines who spell their names my way. Garafalo is close, but she's off by a letter.

For the many blogziens who have asked over the many years WTF is up with my spelling, I will answer you all at once: my SISTER who was 9 when I was born was tasked with spelling my name. She was learning the rule which I guess they taught in Catholic school in 1962, that the FIRST vowel talks and the SECOND vowel walks.

That's how she got the "ea"

the e talks, the a walks.

In theory I guess you don't need the e on the end of my name, as 'bean' works quite nicely not being beane. But it certainly does provide some balance. The idea of being 'Jenean' makes me feel very jittery.

Like I've been somehow amputated. A name cut short. What a shame. Oh the humanity.

And Jeanne is an entirely different name. Don't call me that. I'm not coming to the meadow.

Jeanne is one syllable. I'm two.

So, that's today's how to say/spell/remember my name.

Thank you.

Class dismissed.