January 03, 2006

Soup's on at Whatever Con

Some future date and time to be determined, probably winter or an Alaskan resort would work best, Mary Lu and I are going to have a Chicken-Soup-Cook-Off and you will be the judges. She has some ingredients I'm curiously considering... hmm. turnips? sure you don't mean PARSnips Mary, Hmmm? Bay leaves... Hmmm--I believe I remember a certain bay leaf in my own grandma's chicken soup.....I may have to revisit my ingredients.

I'll see your bay leaf and raise you some no-yolk egg noodles, and may the best short-cut chicken soup maker win!

3 comments:

Mary Lu said...

Okay let's move on to another recipe... Pot Roast. ;-) I'm posting mine tonight.

Oh as for the cookoff. We have an auction for the tickets. Do it at CES, at Hawthorn Suites in one of the rooms... All rooms come with complete kitchens and a dishwasher... and maid service. Damn sounds better than home, and we make enough to pay for the food and the room bill!

Call it an entrepreneurial way to finance going to a show!

Sheila said...

Turnips are low-carb potatoes in soup. The taste is really similar.

Jeneane Sessum said...

Aren't those parsnips? I use parsnips. Same thing--like potatoes that aren't. Sounds like Sheila may be another contestant... M.=(borrowed the = from halley), I'm the virtual cescamp hostess for CES. couldn't pull it together to get there as quick as it snowballed into the coolest party in town. But we can try that spoon-into-IM thing...