January 03, 2006

an ode to blogrolls

it's high time that somebody decided to bitch slap you all who think you've become too big, too PC, too journaljistic, or too embroiled in blogdrama to have a blogroll.

Clearly, your mama didn't raise you right.

Once upon a time, in the land of blogs, there were pixels and publish buttons. some people started arranging those pixels into words and publishing them online once, twice, sometimes 15 times a day. No one cared.

Then came the blogroll. The blogroll said: this is who i like to read, who do you like to read? Oh Cool! I see you--Do you see me? Oh Cool! I will check out who you like to read. Why don't you check out who I like to read? Oh cool! I will add that person from yours and you from mine and his from hers and theirs from theirs. Along with our posts, blogolls were streetsigns to regular coversation spots.

Then new people started writing online.

Then we added them to our blogrolls.

THEN WE ADDED THEM TO OUR BLOGROLLS.

I'm glad I still do that.

We need to keep doing that.

Otherwise it's just another silly pyramid scheme.

Make sure they don't all look exactly like you either.

Kay?

Thanks.