February 23, 2006

Mashup Tags + OS

Great Minds Tag Alike.

Josh Teeters has an excellent post on Tagging in an OS and it’s wonderful uses.  I can’t believe I haven’t thought of that.  It’s a brilliant idea.

I haven’t really wanted a feature in an OS for a long while, but I really want this. Instead of digging through folders going “where the hell did I put that report”, I want to be able to click “word documents”, “+reports”, “+sociology”, and open the file I had in mind.

Second Opinion: ALLIED

(I want mine in a tag cloud.)

Tags: , , = Powered by Qumana


George Girton said...

You don't know about spotlight in Tiger, then, do you? It REALLY (note shouting) makes so much of a difference in finding things even with _just one tag_. Go ahead. Unbind your mind. Switch.

Jeneane Sessum said...

I will switch TODAY if someone sends me a new macbook or whatever the latest and greatest is. I was raised on macs. i worked on a SIGNED-on-the-inside mac 512 K (no E until we upgraded it) and was excited to get one with a double disk drive. I stuck with mac through the 80s and into the early 90s. Then their stuff became simply too expensive. They lost a lot of people. They need to comp me to come back. ;-)

mcd said...


The Google Desktop (for Windows) can also index all your files and let you do searches of this type across all your files.