June 07, 2005

car stuff

First of all, the keyboard on my Acer Travelmate seems to be tiring of my constant abuse. Especially the "A" key, and suddenly too there is a lag keeping up with my typing. I hope it's just crumbs. From Starbucks the other day. I remember when my Dell started to wear out, the keyboard went first. I spent as much time backspacing as typing forward. I get all squeegee when I remember those days.

Then I was thinking to tell you about my car stuff that took all day to do. That's been the hardest adjustment in moving to a wide-apart metro area like Atlanta for me---if you can get one thing done in a day, that's all you can expect from yourself. It's not the grocery store, the doctor, AND the school function. It's the grocery store, the doctor, OR the school function. Whereas in Rochester everything is 20 minutes away, no matter where you are, here in Atlanta, everything is a circumnavigates everything else and there is just no getting from point a to b to c to a. Only a to b to a.

Right, so today I beat my personal best: An emissions test at one location, and oil change/brake-light/air-filter at another location, FOLLOWED BY a stop the the bank AND a drop off and pick up of Jenna from Volley Ball Camp.

Of course, what that means is that I didn't work at all.

That's what I get to do now.

After this post.

I've been uninspired lately. I like to blame the Aggregator 2.0, which takes the blood out of the process. Remote control blog viewing -- no going back. No I'm not going to get up and change the channel. So I guess I just won't turn it on.

Oh yah, in other news, I turn 43 Thursday.

woot.