September 24, 2006

George Clinton Sunday




"The defense department created the Internet," proclaims Clinton. "I know something’s got to be wrong with it. You don’t get anything that good for free." Clinton further expounded that the information age is merely a digital preparation for the masses. (here)


 


"After communism fell, they needed another war, so they went to Columbia and brought drugs in so fast they were on every street. The same people that were supposed to be protecting me from it are doing it to get more money for the fight."  (here)






"Why the Funk?? Wow, that’s a hell of a question.   That’s sacrilege." (here)






"It is a family.  Aint nobody stay together this long and go though the things we do without being a family.  You fight, fuss, kiss, love, and make up and start all over again. It ain't no virtual family.   It’s reality."  (here)






"When I hear music that parents hate, or older musicians hate, I know that’s the new music. When I hear older people saying, 'I hate Rap or Techno' I rush to it." (here)







"Sometimes we get so caught up in language, and “this” word and “that” word, that we lose site of the bigger problems in the world. At one time, the word “Bitch” simply meant female dog. Now, it has a negative meaning. Many negative words in one time and/or culture are meaningless in another. We’ve got to stop wasting time fighting over nonsense. I’m still waiting for aliens to come." (here)


Tags: , , , = Powered by Qumana