March 02, 2004

Retainer, no brainer

So I signed one client on retainer finally. It is a relief having the pressure off. Enough regular dough to survive. And since it's a little over half time, enough extra time to take on other work, or to spend time thinking about what to do during those extra hours, which, in my case, could manage to fill those extra hours up.

Almost a year after my Ketchum divorce, I've found some normalcy. Some regularity. As in, I'm not hustling every single day. And I can't quite get used to it. Once we stop racing for our lives, slow down and walk for a mile, it's hard to see a good reason to pick up the pace again.

Anyway, I don't know how long I'll be at the current arrangement, but between having been retained, and the extra projects floating in, I may be able to make a dent in my upcoming t*a*x* bill, which I don't even want to think about.

So. ladeda. Should be happy. ladeeda. yowsa yowsa.

and so forth.