You remember last year we were fortunate enough to be invited to attend the SO COOL xmas party hosted by the Captain Planet Foundation, right? Well, these folks were actually silly enough to invite this Cobb County couple back to the ATL this year for another round of food, drinks, merriment, and amazing stuff being bought by some really red-cheeked party-goers.
We'll be hitting xmas party 2005 on December 9th where the theme is Disco and the mission is to save the planet, or at least move it in the right direction, raising money for children and the environment.
The most glitterific news of all? K.C. &the Sunshine Band will be there. AND so will my digital camera.
This is some of the stuff we get to see:
- The “Disco Power Princess” arrive on her white horse
- The “Pollution Armor Entourage” where you get to dress in armor from the sets of Warner Bros. Studios
- Disco Diva and pop icon Martha Wash
- And if it's like last year, FOOD TO DIE FOR, from Whole Foods Market, prepared by A Legendary Event.
- “I Love the Nightlife Lounge and Open Bar”
AND the official word on why this event is so important (and if you have the dough you should go):
Over the past 10 years, proceeds from X-MAS Party have raised over 1.8 million dollars for homeless children and the environment. This year’s X-MAS Party beneficiaries are Captain Planet Foundation, The American Red Cross Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund, Atlanta Children’s Shelter, Center for Health, Environment & Justice, Our House and Upper Chattahoochee Riverkeeper’s Educational Waters to the Sea Program.
Now that's boogilicious!