March 05, 2003

Blunt Girl

when I was pregnant, I said whatever I thought at any given moment. It wasn't on purpose, mind you; I think it was hormonal. I didn't realize what I had said and to whom until well after delivery. It's the same hormone that lets you think it's okay to nurse in public, or around your family, or neighbors. There's some hormone that kicks in--I think they call it the "what the fuck do I have to lose" hormone. Because you're losing the life you knew to this new life coming forth, and so, suddenly, there's really nothing left of the old life, and you have no idea who you're supposed to care about, suck up to, be careful around, be nice to in this new world you're entering. The result is that you say whatever you want to whomever you want whenever you want.

it was a great way to live.

it scared the people I worked with.

that was the most fun of all.