September 10, 2003

smelling her breath and public relations

Okay, I admit it. One of my favorite things about night time when I lay down with Jenna to itch her back is lying face to face, and when she finally falls asleep, If I can stand waiting the very long time it often takes, smelling her breath as she exhales. Not just smelling it really, more like sucking it in.

I time it. She breathes out, and I breath in. Her little breath smells so sweet I want to drink it in like fruit juice.

Tonight I thought, if I inhale with enough force, I wonder if I could suck her back inside me so I could protect her from the world. From nasty cats and boo-boos. From icky spiders and bullies.

You think?

In other news, I'm getting tons of great mail from folks who liked my Bye Bye Big PR post. From "You Go, Girl" to "You hit the nail on the head," my peeps in and out da biz dug it.

Bloggers, thank you for hearing me. It helps validate us lunatics who really are in charge of the asylum--and can that be a bad thing, can it?

Speaking of lunatics and all, The Hooter Tutor, err, I mean, Happy Tutor had, as usual, gobs of insight and intelligent commentary on the TooBigAgency issue. The comment banter between Happy and Gerald is worth the read. I think everyone over there is in agreement that Valium is the answer for me.

Ben Silverman of dotcomscoop fame mentioned it in his ezine.

Uncle Doc (doctor unc?) gave me my props.

Halley the Glove Suitt gave her readers a mandate to check out my take on the end of BigPR, and I see today she's hoisted me onto her September Blogger Honor Roll--I'm so excited! I haven't made an honor roll for more than 20 years! Thanks Halley!

And Jeremy over at his Pop-PR blog chimed in too.

Who'd I miss--anyone?

And, lastly, don't you think the broccoli in those Uncle Ben's Add Boiling Water Quickie Pasta Dinners tastes amazingly like cabbage?

So many things blow my mind.

I am slammed with work that I would have once been doing within the BigPR context. But instead I've been writing from my couch, and it's gotten so out of hand--this work--that I needed a change of scenery, so I have moved my laptop to the floor, and I'm now sprawled out with papers and an empty Starbuck's cup thinking it's time to sleep.

Nighty night.