June 19, 2004

For the Record Only.

I don't care to discuss these comments, from Jeremy's site any further. Incidently, Jeremy received a death threat at home last night. PEOPLE, WTF?

When one calls for a posse to "get" other people--sorry, Powers, Suitt, and Sessum precisely--it doesn't surprise me that the freakish behavior escalates to that level. I'm sorry, Jeremy, that the insanity entered the threshold of you home. That is unreal -- or at least surreal -- and at the same time, really real. It hasn't been so warm and fuzzy around here, either.

I am glad you closed the comments. But I wish you had left ALL of Dave's wishes for us. Including the one re: Halley. Doesn't seem like you should need you to sweep up after him.

“Maybe this will be a lesson, not to the flamers, because their goal is to punish me for daring to exist, but it may mean something to those who listen to them who have a brain. I think Halley Suitt has the most to learn, this flaming is new behavior for her, and she still has readers who don't get it. I know because I've been hearing from them. I haven't said anything -- yet.”

“Ooops, I said Halley has the most to learn, but I meant most to lose.”


About a year ago I learned that the best way to diffuse threats of this specific kind is to expose them.

Follow dave's other comments here and here.

Lis Riba for another take, with lots of links.

NOW, I'm moving on, and going swimming.