October 16, 2005

Locke Keeps Unlockeing

Chris Locke on MB does more connecting of more dots.

You know what? I would pay $ to hear Chris audio blog these posts in addition to the text-and-graphic versions which are essential. Half of reading Mystic B. is what's hidden behind the links. When I talked to Chris about a post last week, he was chorttling (most likely between 7 a.m. and 11 a.m. mountain time) over some page I hadn't seen linked off of his post. I happened to mention that I hadn't seen that part. He was all: "DID YOU CLICK THE PICTURE!?" And I hung my head knowingly. "DRAT!" I might have said. But instead I said, "NO! I didn't notice that one was clickable!" and anyway, the moral of the story is always try clicking Locke's images.

Which has nothing to do with why I would pay for the ipod version of Mystic Bourgeoisie. It's because hearing him read it works so very well. Chorttles and all.

Anyway, don't miss the latest the jung-eliade school... wherein Chris further demasks the cloaked, caped, and ornamental and pseudo-religious symbol wearing vectors of the new age...who apparently can't even do drugs right.
The inherently gnostic aversion to "this world" is what brought these motherfuckers down. It was their way of making the psychedelic experience conceptually safe, colonizing it with "oriental" conceptualizations that tamed it, domesticated it, "spiritualized" it. My objection to these perennialist ex-hippie faux filosofers is not that they did drugs -- oh yeah, how shocking! -- but that, after doing all those drugs, they missed the boat.

In other words, if you're going to drop, don't forget what it felt like without your skin on.