August 23, 2007

franks got a recipe beggin to be beaten and eaten

first person who runs over here to make it gets to stir in the egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For dinner tonight I made a delicious soup. It was amazingly simple. Most of the ingredients came straight of our CSA share, and the recipe came from the Blue Moon weekly newsletter. Thanks Kristen!
The recipe…

    Ingredients:
  • 1 large celeriac, peeled, cut into quarters and sliced thin. (Ever wonder what to do with that celeriac? This is it!)
  • 3 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 cup carrot coins
  • 1 leek, sliced into thin rounds. (Okay, I had small leeks so I used two, but I had huge garlic cloves so I only used one. I finally learned the thing about cooking is that it’s no organic chemistry… doesn’t require an analytical balance to get the measurements right.)
  • 2 eggs
  • A couple of cups of chicken broth. Mine came from a can.
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • salt and pepper

Go see how it turned out--
mmmmm!