February 02, 2004

Oh hell's bells, I started a writing group on Orkut

Look, it's been a long time since I've dug on something online. So don't douse my newly-lit fire, kay? With that little disclaimer and/or request out of the way, I will confess that I just started a community for writers on Orkut.

Now, you will notice that the people on the login screen don't look like they've just finished writing a 50-page web site, a white paper on data management, NOR do they look particularly (a.) awed by or (b.) pissed off at the world. So you might think, what's writing got to do with that orkut thing, and how's a writing community going to work inside there.

Well I don't have a clue.

But I do know that some of the friends I've re-found and/or made already on Orkut have me jazzed by the possibilities. So, given my penchant for group weblogging -- or at least for starting them -- AND my vast experience as a harried professional business writer -- AND my rather harrowing journey leading writing teams in business -- AND my lack of anything better to do at the moment, THE WRITING GROUP HATH DONE BEEN CREATED!

If you want on, email me your first and last name and your email address. I need those to invite you.

Once you're on Orkut, the community is called Writing and it's under the Business category.

God bless us everyone.