November 22, 2005

First holiday off in a long time

It looks like I might actually have NO work to do on Thanksgiving.

I'm nearly anxious with excitement.

I'm not counting blogging in this no-work decree, because blogging is blogging even when it feels like work. I mean no client work, no business work, no DEADLINES. These last three years have been DEADLINE driven, well hell the last 23 years have been, oh well why not count college too and little miss summa 4.0's work ethic...

Well, now that I'm back out on my own I've decided I'm going to do it differently this time, take on two or three projects I care about, and downstream/outstream the rest to folks in my knowledge network, which includes and is mostly made up of bloggers.

I thought that was what I was going to be able to do in my last venture--outstream to bloggers. It didn't work out that way. And what I'm telling you has little or nothing to do with deadlines but everything to do with DEAD LINES because blogging is neither dead NOR linear, so how much easier deadlines will be to meet with the resources of the LIVE WEB!!!!!

oh i can't wait!