March 17, 2006

not easy being green

As I have written before, some wounds need no medical attention because there is no remedy--they simply become part of your constitution.

I miss you more.

03/17/02

03/17/03

Father

School of the Dead - Orientation

School of the Dead 1

School of the Dead 2

School of the Dead 3

School of the Dead 4

School of the Dead 5

School of the Dead 6

Children's Grief

The Living Dead

I Hear You Hear Me

Nina June

Panic Remembered

The Revelation

March Madness

Being Dad, Being Mom

You Don't Have to Die to Live Up to His Image

The Piano

Attention Deficit

The Body Bears the Burden

Freeze Frame

Grieving

What I Don't Remember


Tags: , , , = Powered by Qumana

3 comments:

mike said...

I don't have anything profound to say, but wanted to acknowledge your loss today.

My wife lost her father when she was 9; your writing about your father's death has helped me understand, ever so slightly.

Thing is, caught up in our own grief, I had never noticed the date of your loss before today; I posted this remembrance for my mother-in-law who also died on St. Patrick's Day, 4 years ago.

keep on shining

And you too, Jeneane, keep on shining your light. Your words about loss, though often tear-inducing, are powerful and healing.

Grayson said...

Day of The Dead for us white folk it is. I have my annual ritual of awaiting Danny Boy on WABE on the morning of March 17th and allowing myself a few minutes of pure sentimentality and tears as I recall the flaming red hair of my Irish grandmother, the person I know now will always be the one who loved me best.

And as I mention in today's entry, my SXSW attendance-envy level about right now is: off the charts. You have the time of your life for me while you're there!

Jeneane Sessum said...

Thank you Mike. Thinking about you guys. You too Grayson.