January 28, 2004

and in case you were getting too heady with ideas of blogging grandeur, enter Toilet Graffitti

Blogging as evolution of Iranian toilet graffitti.

niice.

Actually, the other day I was considering the realworld parallel for what the comment spammers and crapflooders are doing to MT Blogs. At first I was thinking it graffitti, but graffitti is in many ways art -- street art, performance art, subversive art, whatever -- and is usually not anonymous. How many graffitti artists spray their initials as they go?

But the comment spammers and crapflooders, I think they're more like vandals, or maybe even arsonists. I think arsonists because they're trying to drive bloggers out of their home. And if they organize, then perhaps a malitia. An army.

But right now, arsonists.

I am not really coherent right now as my right ear is throbbing.