January 29, 2004

This is war

Okay, you all have provided such great advice for types like me (and some of you) who get on that cycle of sicky-sicky-sick-sick one after the other. I actually had an eight-month stretch where I took my vitamins every day and stayed relatively well (i.e., 8 months without antibiotics, steroids, and the like).

Then this month. Ugh.

I'm sick now, but it hasn't turned up to full volume like usual, so I'm going to try to combat this with the wonderful tips I've gotten on this blog during Jenna's strep etc. episodes the past year. Also using the kid-friendly stuff on her. So here's the regimen I began in full force this week to see if I can kick this cold before it turns into sinusitis or bronchitis or our friend strep:

Acidolphilus Capsules, empty the powder into a cup with tepid water, gargle it, swallow it. Thanks to Elizabeth!

Goldenseal Echinacea, from personal experience and Elaine of Kalilily.

My favorite brand Super Nutrition Women's Blend vitamin (and Perfect Kids for Jenna), AND some Super C Power.

And, SinuSave followed by saline nasal spray.

While sick with this cold, I'm using my old standby which I still think is the biggest innovation in OTC cold "medicine" in the last 20 years, Zicam, (even though everything tasts rather bizzarre while using the throat spray).

AND, lest I forget Biotene for gargling after teeth brushing.

Add to that, my own blend of disinfecting spray, consisting of 1/2 tsp of tea tree oil and a touch of antibacterial soap mixed in a spray bottle to mist all over this joint.

You've got the picture of the army I've assembled to beat the enemy.

Down, but not out.... -j.