September 29, 2007

jenna turning ten and sleepover night

Tomorrow our little girl leaves double digits forever. Amazing to think -- one decade. one down, one to go. What is happening? I can barely fathom the speed of time. Blurrr indeed.

If I hadn't signed up to have a six-girl sleepover party tonight, I might have time to cry, like I usually do, at my baby's growing, constantly growing. A blogger once wrote that parenting is the only job where doing it right means you get left.

I've never done a six-kid sleepover before. I didn't realize that it starts at 6 a.m. even if no one's coming until 3:00 p.m. because the resident sleeper is so excited she wakes the whole house. RSVP that.

You'll be happy to learn that Jenna has finally received a pinata on her birthday. Shaped like a cake. Exact replica included in this post. We came across it three months ago in a clearance bin at Food Depot and grabbed it for $3. It's one of those purchases you pat yourself on the back for because you actually thought ahead. Speaking for myself that is.

Well, party time is approaching. For some reason I made this a 24-hour event. 3-3. That will teach me to use the phone when I'm manic.

Wish me luck. I'll report periodically if I can.

I'm going in.

---